Mission and Aims
The European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation an Quality Assurance (EASPA) is a non-profit association seeking to provide a platform for the cooperation between the European and international quality assurance networks and international organisations in the development and harmonisation of their activities in the field of quality assurance and quality improvement in higher education. It thus contributes towards the development and implementation of the European Higher Education Area. To this end, EASPA provides a collaborative forum for the community of disciplinary, field specific European networks of quality assurance that assess the quality of study programs, schools or professional individuals.
It was founded on November 29, 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
EASPA provides information and “best practice” examples in quality assurance and quality development in the European Higher Education Area. It works on the development of Europe-wide qualification frameworks, learning outcomes and competence profiles of graduates and professionals.
Main objectives of EASPA in the area of accreditation and quality assessment are:
- to assist the community of disciplinary, field-specific European networks of quality assurance in elaborating measures for harmonizing activities in quality assurance, in order to participate in the European dimension of higher education, and to play a proactive role in shaping the European higher education area by promoting European wide qualification frameworks and learning outcomes on the disciplinary level,
- to address quality assurance issues in educational, governmental and public policy contexts and communicate with the public about quality assurance,
- to advance good practices, knowledge, skills, and ethical commitments in the field of quality assurance, and to communicate the value of accreditation as a means of enhancing educational and professional quality,
- to serve as a platform for issues on quality assurance in higher education, to exchange information about background, aims, procedures and outcomes of the activities of member agencies,
- to provide continuing education for individuals or organizations with accreditation or quality assurance responsibilities.
can be downloaded here.
can be downloaded here.