“The dawning of a new era of HE quality assurance – what can we expect from the future?”
The 5th Global Conference in cooperation with ASIIN took place on 10 – 11 December 2018 in the Crown Plaza Hotel in Berlin.
The agenda included plenary sessions, presentations, forum discussions and workshops that will stimulate in-depth discussion between the participants.
Foto of the Participants
4th ASIIN/EASPA Global QA Conference in Higher Education 2017
The 4th ASIIN/EASPA Global QA Conference 2017 took place on 11 December 2017, in the beautiful city of Düsseldorf, Germany.
The 4th Global Conference on “Professional Higher Education Accreditation: Why does it matter more than ever?” united leading higher education QA experts from around the globe and presented the state of research with regard to the following topics:
- Measuring and comparing achievement in Higher Education systems: Holy Grail or Curse?
- Impact and value added of subject specific and professional accreditation.
- Professional accreditation as a strategic priority in global HE and QA agendas (e.g. United States, Arab Region as well as Africa)
- Combining professional Learning outcome based QA systems with national institutional and program accreditation schemes
- New developments in the field of European and global disciplinary accreditation and quality assurance
On 12 December 2017 the EASPA General Assembly was organized.
New Initiatives in Quality Assurance based on field-specific Learning Outcomes
Berlin, Germany – Monday, 2 May 2016
- Representatives of international Quality Assurance Agencies
- Representatives of Recognition Authorities
- Representatives of the national and international higher education community
- Representatives of the professional organizations
The pre-conference workshop explored the current state of affairs in subject-specific and professional accreditation.
In some regions such as in Africa, further steps are taken towards making harmonization of higher education quality and quality assurance a reality. A new initiative financed by the European Commission is set to support these developments which will be complemented by an overview of other world regions. In Europe the next phase of external quality assurance is initiated. A new project will determine whether achieved learning outcomes can be measured and compared in a number of disciplines. This has been viewed in light of the AHELO project results. All of these developments have been analyzed against the backdrop of current developments in the US.
Introduction to the Third Global Conference
Dr. Iring Wasser, President EASPA
Development of the Quality Assurance system for Aerospace Engineering in Europe
Prof. Franco Bernelli, Politecnico di Milano
Measuring and Comparing Achievements of Learning Outcomes in Higher Education in Europe (CALOHEE Project)
Robert Wagenaar, Director International TUNING Academy, University of Groningen
Assessment of Higher Education Learning Outcomes – What comes after the AHELO-Project?
Hamish Coates, University of Melbourne
State of Play of Specialized and Professional Accreditation in the US
Joseph Vibert, Executive Director, Association of Specialized and Professional Accreditors (ASPA)