“The dawning of a new era of HE quality assurance – what can we expect from the future?”
Monday – Tuesday, 10. – 11. December 2018
Monday, 10 December: 09:00 – 18:00 h
Tuesday, 11 December: 09:00 – 16:30 h
Hotel Crown Plaza
Nürnberger Straße 65, 10787 Berlin
Location and Directions
- Representatives of the national and international Higher Education community
- Quality management staff of HEIs
- Representatives of the international business world and employer’s associations
- Political stakeholders and representatives of the media
- Representatives of international Quality Assurance Agencies
- Representatives of Recognition Authorities
- Representatives of ASIIN and EASPA member organizations
The world of Higher Education is rapidly changing and so are the challenges the community is facing. In our meanwhile 5th Global Meeting of Quality Assurance in HE, organized by ASIIN in cooperation with the European Alliance of Professional Accreditation, we have again invited many prominent speakers and an international audience from all around the world, to learn about and to discuss the latest developments in the field. On the first conference day we will jointly tackle the following issues and questions, organized in five sessions:
- How can universities make best use of institutional and program accreditation models?
- Mutual recognition of Higher Education – what new instruments are currently developed and implemented?
- How to measure the impact of internal and external accreditation? Accreditation and Student Achievement – how to deal best with the issue of measuring achieved learning outcomes in HE?
- What promising alternative models of QA in Higher Education are currently operating?
- Learning from the world – what is new in Higher Education in Asia, Africa, and the Arab World?
As has always been the goal of all ASIIN conferences, we have asked our speakers to exclusively showcase new developments and to detect innovative trends in the field which have the potential to transform the HE environment. Listen therefore to the President of the EQAR and find out why the creation of an international database of accredited programs and institutions in the future might finally bridge the eternal gap between the accreditation and recognition spheres. Be the first to learn how the UNESCO convention on the recognition of global learning will affect mobility and recognition schemes; hear first-hand from a leading representative of the European HE unit, what will be on top of the education agenda in the near future. Get insights from a top gun in the learning outcome debate on how to make sense of the controversial topic of measuring achieved learning outcomes. We also have invited leaders in various world regions to present what is state of the art around the world. Each of these topics will be discussed by stakeholders from the field of Higher Education, QA as well as the political realm to cover the entire spectrum of positions and to find out what quality management and accreditation will imply for you.
On the second day of our event, the focus will shift to new developments of QA in various HE disciplines. In the medical sector e.g., the fact that as of 2023 only graduates of WFME accredited programs will be permitted to work and research in the United States will be of interest. Also important are current effort to draft global subject-specific standards in the fields of informatics and chemistry. In engineering, the new initiative of “Engineers Europe” will be presented, as are ongoing attempts to promote a “Leonardian Oath” in the discipline. After an opening speech by the President of the European Alliance of Professional Accreditation, the participants of the ASIIN conference will discuss these and other topics and have the opportunity to engage with an international audience representing all continents.
On the afternoon of the second day, there is an option to participate in an in-depth international information session organized by ASIIN for its international clients.
The agenda will include plenary sessions, presentations, forum discussions and workshops that will stimulate in-depth discussion between the participants.
Conference registration is required for participation.
Please click here to register for the event.
Dr. Iring Wasser
Managing Director ASIIN
Mörsenbroicher Weg 200, 40470 Düsseldorf, GERMANY
+49 211 900977-0